Teachers and support staff are working to ensure that each child at Parson Street Primary is getting ready for success at the next stage of their learning journey, and that will ultimately give them more choices in life.
Following OFSTED’s recommendations about our school, we are doubling down on building each child’s reading and writing skills to enable them to access every other area of the curriculum.
Here is a summary of how we are moving forward. We are…
- Giving children who struggle to read the precise support they need to improve.
- Teaching phonics in such a way as to accelerate the children’s progress.
- Giving children tools they need to remember what they have been taught.
- Teaching individual subjects in more depth.
- Helping children to manage their own behaviour whilst at school.
We are also working to help children to manage their interactions with each other more successfully. Our Learning Gems help children to take responsibility for helping themselves and each other in lessons and around the school.
Sapphire – Able to ignore distraction
Diamond – problem solving, looking after yourself
Ruby – kindness, respect
Opal – citizenship, responsibility
Topaz – finding the power of your voice and speaking well
Amethyst – teamwork, cooperation, and collaboration
Grit – resilience
Emerald – emotional resilience and bounce back ability
Pearl – connections, links in learning
Please have a look at our whole school development plan to see how we are working to make school more meaningful, immersive, purposeful learning experience.